Nordstrom Order Update - What I Kept and What I Sent Back


My spring picks from Nordstrom arrived a couple weeks ago and I wanted to share what I ended up keeping. Originally I had ordered two pink jackets (one puffy down and one bomber-style) and two pair of pumps (almond toed nude and pointy toed black). Alas Nordstrom did cancel my order of the pink bomber jacket, due to the size I ordered being out of stock. Oh well! It is a risk to take your time and wait before checking out because sometimes popular size and colors do sell out, so I'm a little bummed I never got the chance to try it out but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes!


The black pointy toed 1.State Saffy pumps did not work for me. I ordered them in a size 6.5 and they were too large for my feet. Perhaps with some shoe pads I could've made them work, but I also wasn't a fan of the way the block heel was attached to the shoe- somehow didn't flatter my leg. I feel like the heel came out a bit too straight down from the heel, and a slight shift more in would've been better for me. It's a shame because from the front and top view I did very much appreciate the elegant pointed toe. However from the side and back view I wasn't 100% on board with the heel. That said, I do think that these shoes were very comfortable and well padded- on another person, the heel might look perfectly fine and it might be a great shoe for them!


The pink puffy packable down Via Spiga jacket I decided to keep. It's very warm, the color is a lovely dusty rose, and the weather has been so unpredictable and chilly this April that I wanted to wear it right away. I don't know how much longer I'll be needing such a warm jacket (hopefully warmer weather will come soon!) but even if I have to put it away soon, I believe that I'll get a lot of use out of it next fall and winter when temperatures turn cold again. The style of puffy down jackets doesn't really change much from season to season, and since pink is my favorite color it doesn't matter what color is trendy or popular- I'll always love it! This jacket has earned the compliments of my husband, mother, and various friends so I think I made the right decision!




Lastly the nude Naturalizer Whitney pumps. Oh, these pumps. I had a pair of Naturalizer shoes some years back but never really liked them much because the style didn't suit my tastes. They were my first "work appropriate shoes" and while comfortable to walk in, they weren't the most flattering and felt a little older than I liked. Due to this, I've never browsed much of Naturalizer's offerings. However, I really happy that I decided to try out the Naturalizer Whitney pump. The leather is very soft and the color is a great match to my skintone, making these a great "nude" option for me. The block heel is comfortable and sturdy, but doesnt' feel clunky or chunky. And the rounded almond toe is very cute but elegant too, I really love how they look for all angles. I ordered these in a size 6.5 and while roomy, they feel perfect with a little heel pad stuck in. These shoes are also really well padded and cushioned inside, which makes me feel like they'll never make my curse my feet the way other beautiful but excruciating heels have made me do in the past! In fact I felt so confident about loving these that I bought another pair in black- hopefully my hunch is right. I can't wait to wear them out as soon as the wear turns a little warmer! (These are currently on sale, so it's a great time to try them out if you're looking for a pair of cute but comfy pumps.)




**This post is not sponsored in any way. The links are provided for informational purposes only and do not earn me a commission. **

Comments

Popular Posts