Pink is the Happiest Color

It's no secret that my favorite color is pink, especially that light rosebud shade that's not too yellow or too blue but just right. Pale pink is a soft happy color that's easy to love, but as I've matured I've also grown to love and appreciate the duskier and more grown up blush pinks. In years past I was a bit embarrassed to like pink as much as I did- it was too girly, too "twee", too uncool. So for a long time although I loved the color with all my heart, I very very rarely wore pink and felt somewhat self conscious when using my beloved pink accessories.

Well, no more! This year I've resolved to do what makes me feel happy, regardless of how "cool" it may or may not be. And yes, that means more pink. More pink clothing, more pink accessories, just general more pink anywhere that I can find a use for it. Luckily, shopping online makes it easy to filter for my favorite color. So many retailers give you the option to sort not only by size and price but also by color! A very useful feature indeed if you have embarked, like I have, on a one woman quest for pink. It's also helpful that some brands simply use pink in color palette more often than others. 

Left: My Flat in London, Right: Juicy Couture

Juicy Couture for example can always be counted on to have pink items available, although the shades they favor seem to be more bold and magenta-leaning than I prefer. However, their charms are cute quite and a good way to accessorize! I used to be an avid Juicy charm collector, and although I haven't purchase any recently I do love the ones I've got an use them on my bags regularly. I've also looked into charms from My Flat in London, although the little French bulldog is the only one I've gotten to date.

Image from Retailer

In February I purchased these absolutely adorable Kate Spade Yasmin pumps, and for a very good price too! I've always wanted pink shoes like these so I couldn't help myself when they were such a good bargain to boot. I not only love the color, I love the overall style of them. The heel is only 2" so it's quite comfortable, and I love the scalloped edge, the rounded toe and the sweet little gold tipped bow detail on front. Very very cute, and I've already worn them once to a Valentine party! It may not be the most versatile color for shoes but I love it just then same. And if I ever get tired of it, dyeing the shoes black should be relatively straightforward as they're made of leather and going from a light color to a dark color is generally the way to go when dying anything. However, I have no plans to change their color anytime soon and will continue to enjoy them just as they are!



As the style is a bit older and mostly out of stock at KateSpade.com and retailers like they're not the easiest to find online, especially if looking for a particular size and color combo. However, Amazon has the Yasmin pump in a lovely red patent or pink suede option for only $87, and they offer free return shipping if they don't suit. Ebay is also a good option, although returns on Ebay are trickier and rarely free so I try not to buy shoes there unless I know exactly what size I need.


Victoria's Secret is another brand that usually has pink items on offer, although as the look they going for tends to be more sultry and mysterious, I find their shades tend to be more on the sassy hot pink/magenta end of the spectrum as well. That said, last week I picked up this cute tote bag from their website for only $15 and it's the perfect color for me. I'll admit I didn't think it was going to be quite so big (it's ENORMOUS) but I'm finding it quite useful when I need to tote around a ton of items, for example when needing to return something to a store or when needing to drop off packages at the post office. I bet it would make a great beach bag, grocery tote or a laundry tote, that's how roomy it is. I debated whether or not I should keep such a giant bag, but the style and color of it is so appealing that I decided it was worth the money. It's listed at $19 currently but I still think it's a good bargain for a cute tote when you find yourself need to haul around an absolute bundle of stuff.

So ginormous!

But it looks cute on your bedroom floor ;)

It doesn't hurt that pink was apparently the "in" color for 2017, so there's a lot of rosy merchandise out there to browse. I've heard that 2018 is supposed to the year of lavender and mustard yellow, but I hope pink will continue to be popular so that I can continue to shop it! (And in case you're wondering, the number of times I've said "pink" in this post is a whopping 21!)

**This post is not sponsored in any way. The Amazon links may earn me a small commission if you purchase, but there is absolutely no difference in the cost to you.**


Comments

Popular Posts