Happy Easter!


The theme of Easter (and spring) is very much rebirth and renewal, so what better time to return to blogging? :) Here's an easy little Easter diy to get me started. My son brought home a bunch of plastic eggs after doing an Easter egg hunter at school, and they had little holes in the tops and bottoms that got me thinking. To make this East Egg garland I used two thicknesses of twine and a dozen plastic eggs.


First up is the twine. The True Living twine I bought from Dollar General for $1, but it's very thin and lightweight so I wanted to use something heavier for my garland's base. I ordered this 4mm thick 4 ply jute twine from Amazon a few months back and it turned out to be a perfect base for DIY garlands, bunting, etc. It's nice and thick, doesn't twist on itself, and hangs nicely. A variation on this would be to use ribbon instead of twine, but I wanted a more "rustic" look. 



Each egg has two holes on the top and two holes on the bottom. I chose to arrange my eggs with the smaller/pointier ends upwards and the rounder ends all pointing down. First I took my thin twine and poked it through one of the holes on the top of my egg. 


Then I poked the twine back out through the top of the egg using the other hole. If you have plastic eggs with no holes I imagine it would be too hard to poke them through yourself, especially if the plastic is thin, but having the holes already present made this easier for me.




The last step is to tie your egg to the thick twine base! I didn't worry about measuring or precutting my twine while doing this project. I cut the skinny twine after I was done tying each egg on. After I had all my eggs tied on, I tied one end of my garland to the end of my curtain rod and then after draping so that it hung just right, I tied the other end down and then cut my thick twine. Basically there was no measuring at all! The best part about it is that because the eggs aren't glued down to the thick twine, the can be moved around after you've attached all of them to the thick twine, so you don't need to worry about measuring the space between each egg because you can easily adjust and space out the eggs after you've hung your garland.


The end result looks pretty cute, and I'm happy I found a way to use these eggs that doesn't contribute to landfill waste! :) Happy Easter!

** This post is not sponsored in any way. The Amazon links may earn me a small commission if you purchase, but there is absolutely no difference in the cost to you. Any other links are included for informational purposes only and earn no commission. **




Comments

Popular Posts