Can't Beat a Happy Smile

Sometimes it's easy to get a little caught up in the superficial- makeup on point, fashionable clothes, nails done, hair curled, and all the rest. However, one of the most beautiful (and most simple) aspects of a person is often their happy smile! Big smiles, little smiles, goofy smiles, lovestruck smiles... when a person is happy and smiling, it can transform their face in a way that all the other stuff can't.

This is why it's so important to take care of the most critical component of your smile- your teeth! Along with the usual advice of twice daily brushing and flossing after meals, a couple years ago my dentist recommended I purchase a Sonicare toothbrush. Apparently, they really do clean teeth better than manual brushes. So I dutifully headed over to Amazon (of course) and bought a Philips Sonicare Essense toothbrush kit for about $25, which included the rechargable toothbrush base, two brush heads, and the charger. A pretty sweet deal (and in fact, the same Sonicare Essence toothbrush set is still available from Amazon, except that they're a coupon for $5 off so the kit is actually $20 now!) They even have a red version now, which wasn't an available color option back when I purchased mine. I wish they had pink... =P

I loved how the brush worked and felt, and I got confirmation from my dentist that my teeth were looking great. Yay! However, as it often happens with things like this, the replacement brush heads turned out to be a bit pricey to purchase when the ones that came with the kit wore out and needed to be replaced. The official Philips Sonicare toothbrush heads apparently cost as much as the starter kit itself! Ouch! I tried my luck with generic replacement heads once but they were very loud and rattled when you brushed, even though they were screwed on tightly. Not ideal (I felt like my head was full of bees), and it soured me on the idea of trying other offbrand replacement heads. Costo offered one solution, selling packs of 6 Philips Sonicare replacement heads for about $45 or so. Much better price, but hard to access because we don't have a Costco membership.

This issue of access to Costco's multipacks is what drove me back into the arms of Amazon, browsing the offbrand toothbrush heads once more. Desperate, I decided to take a chance and purchased the Sonifresh replacement heads which are currently $14 for a pack of 4 (and there's a 5% off coupon too!) Cue the angelic chorus, because they turned out to be fantastic! No buzzing-bee rattle this time, just a tight fit and an excellent brushing experience overall. I can't say how the bristles feel compared to the official Philips replacement head bristles because at this point I don't remember anymore, but I was very happy with how the brush felt in my mouth and how well it cleaned my teeth.

So my journey to happy brushing is complete- I like the Sonicare Essense (with it's handy little timer that lets you know when you've brushed long enough) and I like the cheap offbrand replacement heads I stumbled upon that seem to be just as good as the official ones!


** This post is not sponsored in any way. The Amazon links may earn me a small commission if you purchase, but there is absolutely no difference in the cost to you.**

Comments

  1. This post has arrived at the perfect time. I’m in dire need of replacements and very happy that I have a great alternative to the pricey ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I got lucky with finding these! 🍀

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts