It's Always Best to Just Begin


The very first post of a brand new blog is an intimidating endeavor. I imagine this is where a lot of aspiring bloggers gets nervous and stuck, maybe even giving up on blogging before they’ve properly begun! I’m definitely feeling some trepidation, which is why the very first photo on this blog will be of my little dog who gives me a great sense of peace.

I’m want to write about fashion, makeup, and other things I like. I love watching fashion YouTube videos and reading fashion blogs. While I don’t think I’m good YouTube material, but I do think I’d enjoy running a blog of my own. There are a zillion fashion/makeup/lifestyle blogs out there, but maybe I can stake out a little corner of my own.

While thinking about what kind of posts I want to write, I’ve been thinking about what kind of posts I’d enjoy reading. I want fashion posts that talk about the actual quality of the items- construction, fabric choice, how well it wears after repeated use, what the upkeep is like, etc. I want makeup posts that are more than just advertisements for new product launches- I want to see someone who finds new ways to use what they already have instead of constantly buying new makeup. I know reviews of new launches and sponsored content are a big part of the professional blogger workplace, but I’m not a pro and I hope that will be part of the fun of my blog. I don’t need to worry about pleasing anybody but myself!

I don’t have a glamorous lifestyle and I don’t live in a fashionable place- I just like pretty things and I’d like to share my thoughts with the world. :)

Comments

Popular Posts