I Don't Need More Makeup...

I really really don't need more makeup. I have more than enough eyeshadows, blush, and lip products, really, I do! But it's so hard not to browse the new releases, or to pick up something that someone else raves about. Here are the things I'm eyeing right now, although I do kind of hope I'll be able to restrain myself...

Too Face Natural Eyes
This palette is being rereleased with new packaging! I never tried the original Natrual Eyes palette but from looking at the colors online they look like the sort of colors that appeal to me; soft browny pinks and champagnes. I really like the embossing detail on each eyeshadow pan, even though I'm well aware that embossed powders quickly lose the image as you dip your brush into them. Hmmm....

Benefit Twinkle Mini
I'm a longtime fan of Benefit's Dandelion blush. In fact, this was the first makeup item I ever purchased for myself! I used it up a long time ago and never repurchased it because by that point I had already amassed quite a collection of other blushes, but I still remember Dandelion fondly, especially how it smelled. The Dandelion Twinkle is supposed to be a highlighter rather than a blush, but nostalgia for the original Dandelion makes me want to buy this. The fact that it comes in a mini-size (so cute!) is also really tempting, even though I'm well aware that travel sizes usually offer less value for money that the full size. (Although there's another side to that argument too; if you're the kind of person who never finishes makeup before tossing it due to boredom/age, then a travel size that you use up would be more economical!)


Lancome Skin Feels Good Skin Tint
I forget which beauty blogger I saw featuring this item, but I do remember that the natural finish was something she really raved about. I don't normally wear foundation; usually i just use concealer and translucent powder. However from time to time I'm tempted by foundations, tinted moisturizers, BB creams, and other similar products that promise to deliver a flawless complexion that doesn't look cakey or made up. To date I haven't found a foundation that lives up to my expectations, but what if this is the one?
Chantecaille Philanthropy Cheek Shade in "Bliss"                      I've never tried any of Chantecaille's products (probably because they're on the more expensive side of really expensive) but something about this blush color is really tempting. Of course, colors in real life can often look very different to their screen counterparts, but in the photo it looks like the most beautiful shade of dusty rose. I am very partial to natural looking pink blushes, and this one looks like it's right up my alley. The $40 pricetag stings, but the compact is actually meant to be reusable and Chantecaille sells blush refills... does that mean it's a bargain? Who knows! But I really like it.
Guerlain Les Violettes Pressed Powder
I've been interested in this powder for nearly 5 years, but never actually gotten around to purchasing. Last time I needed a powder I ended up plumping for Dior's loose powder instead, but I love the smell of Guerlain products and I'm wondering if I should finally take the plunge with Les Violettes? I would be using it as a setting powder, and I wonder how a pressed powder would compare after my translucent loose Dior powder... would it offer more coverage? Would it look natural? Should I buy this instead of the Lancome Skin Tint?

Comments

Popular Posts