Making Things!


I was planning on writing the next installment of my NYC trip today, but I was in a really let's-make-things mood so I think that's the universe telling me I should blog about that instead. New York can wait!



This week I've been feeling really inspired by pearls and rose quartz, so I've been making various pieces little by little- so far I've got a pair of earrings, a bracelet, a long station necklace and a shorter pendant necklace. All I'm missing is a ring (but I have no idea how I'd make that, so far my attempts have been unsatisfactory.) Today I was feeling really happy with my creations so I decided to wear them all at the same time. Was it very matchy-matchy? Probably. Did it make me super happy? Definitely! Here's my loot- I used various sizes and shapes on rose quartz beads, small white pearls and bigger pink pearls, and bit of silver tone wire and chain I had laying around. So far I love all of it, although I do wish I had actual precious metal wire and chain to work with... maybe someday!





I want to buy a magnetic clasp for the bracelet because the lobster clasp is tricky with a bracelet that's only 6.5 inches long. I have fairly small wrists so I'm really loving being able to make my own bracelets that fit me perfectly, as I often struggle to find anything in stores that isn't too big on me. Luckily, this type of jewelry is easy to modify so once my magnetic clasps arrive I can make the switch without too much fuss! I didn't originally envision the two necklaces being worn together but I really liked how they looked when layered today. There are so many more designs I want to try, but I'm going to have to think about storage and organization too because my jewelry box is already overflowing!


Jewelry aside, I was feeling extra crafty today so I rummaged around in my craft box to see what else I could find inspiration in. I came upon some plastic rose cabochons (purchased from ebay years ago, I don't really remember why) and half pearls in 3 sizes. Once I saw the half pearls I immediately knew what I had to do- decorate my hairbrush of course! I love my little travel size pink Wet Brush because it never ever pulls my hair no matter how tangled it is, but I've often wished it was a little prettier. I think I did a pretty good job accomplishing that with my makeover...





I love it! The little pearl embellished bow was actually an earring at some point but the post was broken, so I figured why not add it to my brush as well. I do kind of wish that the plastic body of the brush itself was less of a magenta pink and more of a soft baby pink but I think my final design with the cream and white roses helps make the pink a little less intense. For a brief moment I did considered repainting the brush before decorating it, but I didn't want to deal with chipping paint or sticky sealant so I decide to leave well enough alone. At least it's still pink! I did look on Amazon to see if the Wet Brush comes in a paler pink, and it does- Pink Sorbet sounds like a very promising color name! It's a bigger size but that's okay... my mini brush can be for travel and the full size can be for home... nevermind that all this time I've been using the mini at home without any issue. I feel like I definitely need to buy another a decorate that one too! Overall I'm really happy with the finished look, and best of all the functionality of the brush isn't decreased in the slightest; I can still hold it comfortably and brush my hair exactly the same way as I did before I went crazy with the deco. I can't wait to do more!

*** This post is not sponsored in any way. The Amazon links may earn me a small commission if you purchase, but there is absolutely no difference in the cost to you. ***





Comments

Popular Posts