All That Glitters Is Not Gold



This week has been alternately rainy and sunny- good thing I brought my trust pale gold Clavin Klein loafers, which easily handle both kinds of weather and look equally good when worn with shorts, skirts, or jeans! Truly a versatile shoe, and perfectly comfy for lots of walking here and there. This basic outfit (or a variation of it- denim skirt instead of shorts, or brown shorts instead of blue) has been my uniform and while its not avant-garde fashion by any means, I feel pretty stylish with my accessories.


My rubedo Tiffany Enchant heart has been an absolute pleasure to wear nearly every day, as has my Kate Spade Holland Heart watch. However, I can't quite say the same for these earrings! I bought them on Amazon right before my trip and wore them a few times to make sure everything was fine. They're mother of pearl clovers set in rose gold plated silver- a budget version of the Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra line. The Amazon reviews were somewhat mixed but my earrings seemed fine so I thought all was well. Alas, after a handful of wears the rose gold plating has started to wear off quite strongly and I find myself disappointed. As with everything else in life, sometimes you get what you pay for, but I don't think it's reasonable to plate something so thinly that you can't get more than 10 wears out of it before it goes south.


Unfortunate, because otherwise I really liked them! The size, the shape, the craftsmanship (apart from the plating apparently)- everything was quite satisfactory. The little pave-set CZs around the clover are very sparkly and beautiful, and the whole thing looks/looked much more expensive than it was... until the color of the metal began to change that is. The seller offers the earrings in silver as well, so I might try my luck with them again and see how I get along. Luckily Amazon's excellent customer service came through for me, but I do wish they could've been properly plated from the start because I would have loved to just be able to wear them without any fuss! I'd actually gladly pay more for a solid rose gold pair, that how much I liked them to begin with. The real deal is (of course) definitely way way way forever out of my budget, but aren't these lovely?

** This post is not sponsored in any way. The Amazon links may earn me a small commission if you purchase, but there is absolutely no difference in the cost to you. Any other links are included for informational purposes only and earn no commission. **





Comments

Popular Posts