Super Pretty Colors from Sally Hansen



I haven't purchased any nail polish in 2018. Well aside from basecoats and topcoats of course, which obviously get used more often than the color polishes and therefore need to be replaced more frequently, so those totally don't count. I've been tempted many times by Opi, Essie, et al. but I have many many nail polishes and I've been trying to focus on using them up and reducing the size of my polish collection to something more manageable. However (and you probably know what I'm going to say next...) I was in CVS when the Sally Hansen display caught my gaze. I couldn't refrain from a brief browse ("just a little look" I thought, foolishly!) and of course I ended up walking away with a couple bottles. Believe me, I definitely could have walked away with way more colors, so I consider the fact that I got only 2 to be quite reasonable.



The first color I absolutely could not resist was Powder Room. I couldn't quite accurately capture the color no matter how I photographed it or tried to adjust the photo settings, but it's gorgeous. In my photos I think it looks like a basic champagne color- pretty and shimmery but nothing special. In real life, it's actually a shimmery dusty rose champagne color. *cue jaw drop* I definitely do not regret adding this color to my collection because I don't have anything like it. The photos don't quite pick up the rosy tone but trust me, in real life it's there. It's a shimmer formula so it will streak a little on application if you're not making smooth strokes all in one direction, but I didn't find this to be a hard polish to apply.





The second color I was drawn to was Rosy Quartz. In the bottle it's a really pretty light pink color. You can tell it's going to be a sheer formula because it doesnt really coat the inside of the bottle the way more opaque colors do. I think this sort of color is often used for french manicure because it's sheer and natural looking but still applies a gentle tint of color to the nails to even them out. Rosy quartz is exactly as I thought it would be- light, sheer, and very shiny. The photo with my hand shows 3 coats, so the color can be built up a little bit but you're never going to get a solid pink with this polish. I'm a big fan of "natural" looking polishes though so that works for me! If you're someone who is very limited in the types of colors you can wear for work, I thing this color would be a one because it's subtle and natural but still pretty. :)

This Sally Hansen line is enriched with Argan oil (which I'm familiar with because I use it on my hair) but I'm not sure if using a basecoat affects how beneficial the Argan oil is for the nails. However, beneficial or not, I found the formula really smooth and pleasant to apply. I also really like the packaging with the rose gold bottle caps. The brushes are also high quality- not too small or too large, with a nice curve! I paid about $10 each at CVS, but Amazon (of course) sells them cheaper. Currently they're listed at $5.39 for Powder Room and $6.79 for Rosy Quartz. If I had to choose only one, I'd got for Powder Room because it's the more unique color, but both are quite satisfying!

** This post is not sponsored in any way. The Amazon links may earn me a small commission if you purchase, but there is absolutely no difference in the cost to you.**

Comments

Popular Posts