A Little Peach


I have a history of loving peachy colors. One of my favorite Too Faced eyeshadow sets is their Sweet Peach palette. I love it so much that I went and bought the White Peach release as well, which I think makes a nice sister palette to the set. I did try their Just Peachy Velvet Matte palette as well but although very beautiful, it was too colorful and too matte for me so I didn't keep it. So with so all my love for the Too Faced peach line, you can imagine I was really excited when they announced they were releasing a mini peach palette called Tickled Peach


Just look at those gorgeous colors! When it was first released it sold out before I could purchase it, so I waited and waited for my local Sephora to stock this palette in store. Alas they never did, and as this palette is listed as "limited edition" I figured maybe I had missed it forever. Luckily, while my local Sephora never did get any stocked in store, they did eventually restock online. Yay!



When I received it in person the palette did not disappoint. The colors were very pretty, nice and creamy, and the color selection was just the right balance of colors, neutrals, mattes and shimmers for me. The three matte shades worked well together if you just wanted a simple neutral eye, and the shimmery shades were beautiful for adding highlights or pops of color as the mood struck. The palette itself is super cute as well, with the cute peach on the front and its tiny palm-sized proportions.


So why didn't I keep it? Despite the fact that I loved this palette and it worked really well for me, I did end up returning it to Sephora. Part of the problem for me is that the shades in the Tickled Peach palette, although great quality and perfectly lovely, were just too similar to my Sweet Peach and White Peach palettes. There weren't any straight up repeats as far as I could tell but the looks I created with the Tickled Peach were virtually identical to what I could do with the Peach palettes I already owned.

So, with great regret, I returned the Tickled Peach palette. However, I still highly recommend it! At $26 it's a great bargain for someone who wants a little bit of peachiness in their life and doesn't own the other Peach palettes. I also think it's a good buy if you already own the Just Peachy mattes palette because then the Tickled Peach would be a good sister palette to provide you with coordinating shimmer shades. :) It would be a great gift idea too!

**This post is not sponsored in any way. All links are posted for informational purposes only and earn no commission.**

Comments

Popular Posts