Gorgeous Books for the Girly Girl's Bookshelf

I’ve been following the Instagram account of artist Megan Hess for a long time. Her fashion illustrations are so distinctive and gorgeous to look at that they were a welcome addition to my Instagram feed. This past holiday season I was trying to put together my Christmas wishlist, and when I found she had published books with her beautiful artwork, I just had to put a couple on my list. Lucky for me, Santa delivered and the two books I chose did not disappoint!


 The first one I received was Coco Chanel: The Illustrated World of a Fashion Icon, which was sort of like an illustrated biography of Coco Chanel herself and a brief history of the Chanel brand. The amount of writing in this book was pretty light, so it in that respect it was a quick and easy read. However with the beautiful illustrations on every single page, it took me quite a while to get through it because I was enjoying the artwork so much.


The second book I got was Paris: Through a Fashion Eye, which is basically an illustrated guide to the most beautiful and fashion-y places to visit while in Paris. The illustrations in this volume were especially stunning because they really focused on the beautiful architecture and scenery of Paris, as well as featuring the gorgeous fashion girls that Megan Hess is famous for. A trip to Paris is not in the cards for me yet, but it is definitely on wishlist of places to visit and I have no doubt that this guide will come in handy!

Both of these books are stunning objects in their own right, and look lovely displayed on a shelf or bedside table. They are bound with matte texture covers that feature beautiful artwork and foil embossed details. The pages of each volume are also edged with metallic foiling- silver for Chanel, rose gold for Paris. They would definitely make a great gift (for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, a birthday, or any day!) and despite their lovely presentation, they don't break the bank! I got mine on Amazon and they arrived in pristine condition, ready to be admired and display. Perhaps for Mother's Day I'll get New York: Through a Fashion Eye and complete this fashionable little trio?  

**This post is not sponsored in any way. The Amazon links may earn me a small commission if you purchase, but there is absolutely no difference in the cost to you.**







Comments

Popular Posts