I Got Lucky!


Sometimes watching, waiting, and crossing your fingers for good luck pays off! In my spring wishlist post I talked about the Kate Spade Holland Hearts watch, which I’ve been stalking since the beginning of 2018 (if not earlier!) So much so that I had it saved on my wishlist across 4-5 retailers, just in case it went on sale at one but not the others. Every time I got an email talking about a percentage off sale or some other discount code, I immediately checked the fine print to see if it would work for this watch. Alas, Kate Spade was always excluded! I started to get a little nervous.... what if the watch sold out or got discontinued before I managed to snag it? But still I waited. And watched. And waited some more.

Then yesterday, when I was casually browsing the internet (as one does) and one of the targeted ads caught my eye. Some people consider targeted ads creepy and privacy infringing (and probably rightly so!), however I am one of those people who always clicks on them if I see something I like. And because my online shop browsing is very likely tracked, I often see targeted ads for items that I’m specifically interested in, items I’ve got saved in shopping carts and wishlists across the e-fashion landscape! It’s actually kind of nice in a way, because I also “find”things I quite like in targeted ads like this.... I guess the Google/Facebook/magical internet algorithms know me well by now!


The ad I saw was for “my” Holland Hearts watch, and not only that but it showed a reduced price of $135.99! Heart fluttering, I immediately clicked it and it took me to the Zappos page where it showed one remaining watch in stock. However, as I scrolled down I noticed the price was higher than expected. The watch was on sale yes, but for $155.99 rather than the $135 I was expecting. Confused I decided to google it. Fun fact: when you google an item and click the shopping tab, it allows you to comparison shop that item at a glance from all the retailers (or nearly so) who currently carry it. A very useful tab indeed! Now Google confirmed what I thought I had seen. Zappos was indeed listed as having my watch on sale for $135.


So I took a quick screenshot and clicked the link, but once more it just took me to the Zappos product page with the $155 price. Stranger still, when I tried to do this search on my laptop (just to make sure it was some odd iPad nonsense messing with me), the Google shopping page changed to also read $155! Feeling like a crazy person I took another screenshot, and then compared the two. Nope, the first one clearly stated $135! Now $155 isn't a bad deal at all, but clearly $135 is even better. At $135, I would feel no qualms of conscience about checking out. So I decided to try contacting Zappos customer service chat, just to see if anything could be done. I spoke with Miguel B. from the Zappos Customer Loyalty Team and he was really friendly and helpful. Although there was no way for me to share my screenshots with him via the chat, I explained what had happened and he very kindly looked up the pricing on the watch. To my delight, he was able to honor the $135 price! I'm still not 100% sure why I saw the two different prices, but I'm really pleased with the way things worked out. Fabulous customer service Zappos! :) I've never had a bad experience with Zappos in the decade (yes really) that I've shopped with them, but in this situation I definitely feel like Miguel went above and beyond. And despite the fact that I only ordered the watch yesterday afternoon, due the fantastic free next day shipping that Zappos offers I received my watch today!





It's so so so pretty! The rose gold details are so dainty and feminine, and while the metal is a little lighter in color than my 10k rose gold wedding band, it's definitely a pinkish gold that matches much better than my yellow gold watches. I really like the little crystals and hearts, and the entire overall design is just gorgeous! The only thing I didn't expect was the color of the wristband. For some reason I was thinking it would be a little more pink; in actuality, it's more of a neutral beige color with a hint of blush. Even if the color of the band isn't 100% what I expected, I do like it quite a lot, and it's probably a good thing that it's not so super pink because that makes the whole watch look more grown-up.



In terms of size, this is my biggest watch face yet. It's 33mm wide, which is 3mm larger than my 30mm wide Olivia Burton watch. In the past I've refused to consider watches that were that large because they felt too stiff and bulky on my wrist (and as you can see, the Holland Hearts watch takes up almost the whole width of my wrist, visually speaking). However, this watch is quite comfortable due to the fact that the watch case, although wide, is actually fairly slim in terms of thickness and doesn't weigh a ton. I've tried on some pretty heavy watches in the past, and I dislike the feeling of what feels like a brick strapped to my wrist! Another feature that makes this watch feel so easy to wear despite its size is the leather strap, which is actually fairly thin (thinner than the Olivia Burton strap actually) and very flexible. It's soft and supple (but not flimsy or cheap feeling), so it hugs my wrist perfectly, supporting the weight of the watch without feeling constrictive or chafing my skin.

Overall I'm incredibly happy with my purchase and feeling very lucky that my patience paid off so unexpectedly. I think this is the watch of my dreams!
đŸ’•

**This post is not sponsored in any way. All thoughts are my own and no commission or discount has been earned.**



Comments

Popular Posts