Summer Travels- Week 1 in Bulgaria


I haven't properly traveled in a long time, first because I was busy with my studies and then later because I was pregnant/busy adapting to being a new parent. This summer however, I finally decided my son is old enough to attempt a longer more complex trip, so we booked a trip to Bulgaria. I have a lot of family here, so it's a perfect time for my son to meet my extended family and vice versa.




Despite the long flight we didn't do too badly! My son slept, played in his seat, and was generally quiet and easygoing. Of course traveling with a small child will always be exhausting but I think he did really well! I knew it would be hot and sunny in Bulgaria so I made sure to bring a big hat, which was actually surprisingly easy to deal with on the plane.





We briefly passed through Romania's capital Bucharest, and I took a few snaps of a few gorgeous buildings I spotted as we drove past. I love this old style of architecture, I was told it's Venetian? 


Life here in Bulgaria seems to move at a slower pace. The climate is beautiful, the people are friendly, and my hometown is full of lovely architecture from the turn of the century (and prior). Bulgaria also has a very pedestrian culture so there's always people out walking, sitting in cafes, or just reading a newspaper on a bench! There are lots of people out and about with their children too, in fact there's children (and adults) of all ages everywhere you look. It's a very relaxed atmosphere overall, perfect for just chilling out and enjoying life.







Ruse, my hometown, also has a lot of this classical "Venetian style" architecture. There are many newer buildings too of course, but here and there you can find little treasures like this! Most of the buildings are sadly not in very good condition, nor are they given the respect they deserve (graffiti is everywhere), but even in their current state of disrepair, they remain beautiful.








Clothing wise I'm keeping it very simple- I packed a dress, a couple tshirts, a couple pairs of shorts and a skirt, jeans, a pullover, and that's pretty much it! I did take several bags and pairs of shoes so that I don't get bored, but as I'm on proper mommy duty on this vacation and there's lots of walking to do every day, my primary focus when packing was to choose items that would be easy to wear and comfortable! 


I won't go into detail of what I do everyday because it's nothing particularly impressive or unusual- mostly my days are revolving around seeing family and food! :) But every week I'll try to post some of my favorite photos, to give you an idea of what life here is like.

** This post is not sponsored in any way.**












Comments

Popular Posts