Sometimes Things Don’t Work Out...


My last post was pretty thrilled about the Dior Lip Glow matte lip balm... alas, it turns out I was a bit too hasty. After wearing the balm for a couple days I noticed my lips were getting dryer and dryer, and I was increasingly uncomfortable. Finally, I slathered on some hydrating lip balm and accepted that this just isn't working out. Maybe matte lip products and I aren't meant to be... Or perhaps not in the middle of winter when the air is so dry? But then again, summer is pretty hot and dry too, so that would limit me to what could potentially be a small number of perfect days in the spring and fall when I could comfortably wear it. Not ideal.

Makeup is meant to be used and enjoyed. As much as I love how the Dior Lip Glow looked on me and the soft matte texture, I just couldn’t comfortably wear it. I know myself well enough to know that if something doesn't feel good, I just won’t reach for it. I still stand by my glowing review of the quality of the Lip Glow, but I would advise caution if you have lips that are sensitive to dryness. That said I have not tried any of the other new lip glow releases, so perhaps there’s another option for me in the collection! Maybe when I’m feeling optimistic I’ll try again. For now, I've decided to do the responsible thing and return the Lip Glow, as there's no point in keeping something I'll never use. Adieux Dior! 

Comments

Popular Posts